Discussion focused on the environmental concept of antitrust that the BRICS International Center presented on November 16th at the BRICS Competition Conference. The discussion took place as part of the preparation of the final report, which is scheduled to be presented in February 2022. The HSE is developing the concept in cooperation with the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA).
The discussion was moderated by Alexey Ivanov, Director of the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre, who also made a keynote speech. Elena Rovenskaya, Program Director of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), presented a speech on “Platform economics and platform competition through the prism of ecology”.
The discussion was also attended by:
- Ioannis Lianos, President, Hellenic Competition Commission
- Svetlana Avdasheva, Professor of the Department of Applied Economics, HSE University
- Svetlana Golovanova, Professor of the Department of Economic Theory and Econometrics, HSE University
- Nicolo Zingales, Professor, Fundação Getulio Vargas (FGV, Brazil)
- Cui Zhiyuan, Professor of the School of Public Policy and Management, Tsinghua University (Beijing)
- Bjorn Lundqvist, Associate Professor of Competition Law, Stockholm University
- Jia Kai, Associate Professor, School of Public Affairs and Administration (SPAA), University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC)
- Evgeniy Ivanko, Head of the Complex Systems Analysis Laboratory, N.N. Krasovskii Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics will take part in the discussion
The seminar was held in English on December 14, 16:00-18:00.
Contact person: Centre's Expert, Daria Kotova, email@example.com