On October, 22 together with FAS Russia BRICS Competition Centre is organizing Round table on Combatting cross-border cartels at the Eighth United Nations Conference to Review All Aspects of the Set of Multilaterally Agreed Equitable Principles and Rules for the Control of Restrictive Business Practices.
To support the discussion, the Centre has conducted the Empirical Study Combatting Cross-Border Cartels. The current Report serves as a contribution of the Centre to the mentioned Roundtable.
The purpose of the research is to analyse the ‘state of play’ and experiences of competition authorities from both developed and developing countries with regard to combatting cross-border cartels, identify the key challenges they face and examine the views of various competition agencies across the globe as to how to deal with those challenges.
The event takes place at 10 - 10.30 am, Geneva Time (GMT + 2)
10h-11h30m: Round table on Combatting cross-border cartels
Moderator: Mr. Andrey Tsyganov, Deputy Head, Federal Antimonopoly Service, Russian Federation
Presentation by Mr. Alexey Ivanov, Director of the BRICS Competition Law and Policy Centre
- Mr. Su-hyun Yoon, Commissioner, Korea Fair Trade Commission
- Mr. Alexandre Cordeiro, General Superintendent, Administrative Council for Economic Defense
- Mr. Hardin Ratshisusu, Deputy Commissioner, Competition Commission, South Africa
- Mr. Richard Powers, Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Criminal Enforcement, Department
of Justice, United States
Interventions from the floor:
- Mr. Ashok Kumar Gupta, Chairperson, Competition Commission of India
- Dr. Amir Ibrahim, Chairperson, Egyptian Competition Authority